How to Block Unwanted calls in iPhone – Jailbreaking the phone with iBlacklist. You can now filter and block spam phone calls in any iPhone or iPad if you no longer want to bear with random calls from spammers or robocallers.
How to use Jailbreaking the phone
Technology is for all! The mobile phone is predominantly used for telemarketers and mobile companies trying to sell their products rather than for personal calls. It is true that all of us would look for ways to stop irritating, unwanted calls at the wrong time. Well, there is an excellent solution available to block unwanted calls in an iPhone, which needs a little work and patience. There is a proper guide to block unwanted calls in an iPhone.
Making use of iBlacklist:
Apple is yet to decide on a tool for blocking unintended incoming calls. The iBlacklist is an application that solves the chore by blocking both calls and texts from unknown or specific numbers. It is by the far the simple and effective way to block unwanted communication but the user should be ready to risk jailbreaking the phone.
Steps to Block Unwanted calls in iPhone
The steps involved to block unwanted calls in an iPhone are simple and you can easily follow them.
- Enter the Cydia icon on the phone and search for iBlacklist in the search tab.
- Select the app from the results and this is possible in phones that have been jail broken already with access to the Cydia app.
- On screen, instructions are shown for downloading and purchasing the iBlacklist.
- After downloading the close window option needs to be chosen and return back to the home screen.
- The phone needs to be restarted for the changes to take effect.
- Scroll across the apps to locate the iBlacklist icon and open the app.
- Click on the blacklists from the main menu and access the current group of a blacklisted number and add a new number.
- This could be imported from the address book as well.
- General BL option could be chosen to add individual contacts from the address book and the recent call and SMS lists.
Manual entering of numbers is also possible –
After the contact to be blocked is entered, the red call icon on the configuration role is to be selected and switch needs to be set ON to block incoming calls from that particular contact. SMS emails and MMS could be blocked as well by toggling the switches next to the red icon.
Check Also: Record Video Call on Whatsapp
Blocking contacts with the help of Do Not Disturb Mode –
Jailbreaking the phone voids the warranty and opens up the phone for security issues; therefore this would be a better option to get the task done. The iOS6 has a built-in Do Not Disturb mode to accomplish the task of blocking contacts. The tool would block calls from everyone and not from the calls you allow. This is the best way to receive calls from selected individuals.
To accomplish this –
- Click on the settings icon and tap the notifications to select the Do Not Disturb mode at the top of the list.
- This mode could automatically be made to run for specific hours of a day and to select contacts from who calls needs to be received.
- Choose the allow calls from the options and then favorites to import calls from the contacts to get added to the favorite’s list.